When you’re selling your home, there are a number of advantages to working with Joanne & Kurt
1. We know real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help price your home competitively by preparing a market analysis of homes that have sold, competing homes that are still on the market and homes that were on the market but didn’t sell.
2. We will establish a marketing strategy for your home, ensuring that it’s exposed to as many potential buyers as possible.
3. We take care of the tasks involved in selling a house, ensuring that the transaction is simple and low-stress for you.
4. We are experts in the home selling process and will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
5. We are experienced negotiators and will work for you to get you the best possible price.
Selling a home takes more than just putting a “for sale” sign out front. You need an agent with experience and training to help you determine the right price, come up with an effective marketing strategy, and anticipate and solve any problems that come up during the selling process. A real estate professional can help you with every part of selling your home, and offer you a smoother, hassle-free experience.
Effective marketing for your home
We can help you market your home by exposing it to as many potential buyers as possible. The first step is putting it on the MLS. But listing your property is only the beginning; Joanne & Kurt will prepare a personalized plan that includes everything he/she plans to do to sell your property. Your property will be aggressively promoted through:
- A posting on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- The REMAX Ottawa web site
- Mailings to potential buyers in your area
Pricing your property right
If you price your property too low, it may sell quickly, but you’ll lose out on money. If you price it too high, it may not sell at all. Joanne & Kurt can help you figure out the best asking price for your home.
The benefits of the right price
A well-priced property may generate competing offers, which will drive up the final price. Other real estate professionals will be enthusiastic about presenting your property to their buyers. Your home will sell faster because it is exposed to more qualified buyers.
Listen to the market
As part of your pricing strategy, your agent will put together a comparative market analysis, which is a good indicator of what today’s buyers are willing to pay. It compares the market activity of homes similar to yours in your neighbourhood:
- Homes that have recently sold represent what buyers are willing to pay.
- Homes currently listed for sale represent the price sellers hope to obtain.
- Listings that have expired are generally overpriced or have been poorly marketed.
Dont overprice your home
Some sellers believe that if they price their home high initially, they can lower it later. Instead of making you more money, this strategy could end up hurting you.
- Early activity is key. As soon as a home comes on the market, agents and potential buyers sit up and take notice. If it’s overpriced, interested parties will quickly lose interest. By the time the price drops, the majority of buyers are lost. When a home has been for sale too long, buyers will be wary and may reject the property.
- You’ll miss the right buyer. You may think that interested buyers can always make an offer, but if your home is overpriced, potential buyers looking in a lower price range will never see it. And those who can afford a home at your asking price will soon recognize that they can get a better value elsewhere.
- You could run out of time. You may end up having to drop your price below market value if your home doesn’t sell initially. Price it right the first time, and you won’t end up having to sell it for less than it’s worth.